Who We Are
Janney has a history of financial strength and maintains an environment of trust and accountability.
Janney's story traces back to 1832, boasting a strong equity capital base and a time-tested history of financial stability. Since 1982, Janney has enjoyed a strong and stable position as an independently operated subsidiary of The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company. Both Janney and Penn Mutual have conservative operating models which, combined with an unbroken string of profitable years, empowers us to uphold our commitment to financial advisors and their clients. We operate our business privately, securely, and successfully, and continue to invest in our robust platform.
Consecutive Quarters of Operating Profitability
* Client Satisfaction: 2015 Janney Client Survey; Client Retention: 2016 PriceMetrix Study
Expert Accessibility and Personal Relationships
"The people at Janney know me and my business. Everyone here makes a difference and that's what separates Janney from other firms."
– Gerald Scheinker, Executive Vice President, formerly with Smith Barney
Turbulent Market Cycles Can and Will be Weathered
Deliver with Integrity
Keep People at the Center
Drive for Results
Our Parent Company
Janney and our parent company, The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, share a partnership more than 35 years strong. This partnership is anchored in the belief that client needs are first and foremost. The firm's mutual structure allows Penn Mutual to make long-term decisions in the best interest of its policyholders, without the pressure to maximize quarterly profits or meet shareholder demands.
- A.M. Best, A+ (Superior), Effective March 2017
- Moody's Investors Service, Aa3 (Excellent), Effective October 2017 (a rating which has been unchanged for over a decade)
- Standard & Poor's, A+ (Strong), Effective December 2017